Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Where or How to Start

So I have been thinking lately about what should I talk about here and this thought came to mind where or how to start. Everybody starts in a different place but I'm going to toss out a couple of suggestions of what I think helps.

I think one very big thought is to figure out what the budget is going to be and I know this is going to be uncomfortable to most of you but sharing that budget early on with whomever you are going to be working with will help big time. Let me explain why this is.
We all have dreams and wish lists of things we want or find important to us. That is good even having pictures will be good also. But I find in my own life and others I talk to also that sometimes the list doesn't match up with the budget. And so when I'm working with you I'm not trying to spend the budget but in fact I find I'm trying to help you get as much in your budget as we can and not going over that. But if I don't know your budget then I'm of no help what so ever and in fact I'm not only wasting your time but also mine.
So that is one thing to figure out early on in the process and you may have a very good feeling how much that is or maybe you need to talk to a lender about what your budget is (lenders now more than ever you need to be working with someone who understands log homes and we have some really great people in this area so please let us help you). One thing I can say loans have changed lately and are still changing daily.....

So then another very important thing to do is to visit us or any company to see the product first hand.......one of things Cliff & I love to do is a "Customer home tour" this usually takes 4 plus hours and once we know that this is what you are going to do and then we have some ideas of what you are looking to do before we sit down and do the contracts we love to put you into our car and take you out and about to show you different homes and product.

This will allow you a chance to talk to home owners ( about us if you want to : ) and their experiences and it will also let you see the many different looks of logs , log corners, options such as log posts inside and out or maybe should I do all interior wood or some sheetrock or maybe it is log stairs you want. There are many things you will see on this tour maybe it is a home that is like what you want and maybe it isn't at all what you like but they have added an option you want to see...... so as you can see from the many pictures I have placed in this post that there is a good reason if you plan to build to call us come visit us and lets talk.
If you look at the "Calendar of Events" tab you will see that we also have some up coming Open House dates this is a time to come see one of our customers homes maybe in your area where you live or maybe it is the style of home you like.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Chris, I think you should make this blog more prominent in your advertising! And maybe you should look into having some of these posts published in log home magazines. They are SO helpful! I would have loved to have this resource when we were getting started!
Love,
Jamie :0)

Chris said...

Jamie,
I have added it to the bottom of my emails...
thanks it is fun doing it !
Chris