Thursday, August 21, 2008

..............Moving on again .........

Wow I can't believe it has been almost a month from my last post I bet some of you who having been watching are wondering.....

We where working ...had a couple of deliveries ( maybe I should explain this....we had two different customers who got their log home packages delivered ) and so we had to take care of business also.... but in between some things got taken care of.

Here is the stove and it's hood that isn't finished the OSB ( above the hood around the vent pipe ) will be covered up with bead board like the cupboards I'm going to paint.

The guys are installing my new Dish Drawers...yes drawers and instead of having one on top of the other I have one on each side of the sink.....love them I just got to use them yesterday for the first time ...they are a bit different in the way you load them but OH so quite and easy to load and unload. By the way see my hubbies expensive water bottle : )
Below they are gluing together the new butcher block counter tops and you can see the 2 dish draws.

Love this the guys are so good they talked about it and they are cutting in groves on each side of the sink so the water can just run back into the sink....LOVE IT ! Wait tell you see the finished look on my next post .....
This is the Island cabinets installed but needing a counter top and the draws put back in.....I have the soft close draws something new and something to get used to.
Cliff ( on left ) & Tom ( right side) in the garage cutting the angles for the Island counter top.....and good thing we are headed back to Portland next week cause IKEA here we come for one more butcher block to finish the project....and no they didn't miss cut just didn't figure what was needed the first shopping trip....I get to look around IKEA again. Most of what they have isn't my style but they do have some cool things and some thing are a great buy.....like the butcher block.


OK so back to the picture taking and I'll be back sooner than a month I promise!

4 comments:

Shelley said...

HI Chris - I can't believe I beat Jen here (hugs jen!!). That stove and hood is just dreamy....I just love how the kitchen is shaping up. I agree about IKEA - some things are very cool - you just have to hunt thru it. I'm already planning my next log home in my head and picturing your type of stove in it....sigh....

Jen said...

LOL! to Shelley and sticking my tongue out. :P

Chris your kitchen is to die for. How many maids do you have?
And IKEA, not to die for. ha!

Constance said...

Hi Chris,

Thanks first of all for dropping in and your kind words. I have enoyed visiting your blog and promise to come back again! I get the impression w/o having gone too far your remodel project is due to parents moving in with you? That's something in the back of my mind since we retire in *8 years, My mom just turned 70, my dad is 78 and only the Lord knows what the future holds.

The Beth Moore conference was truly fantastic! I was tremendously blessed beyond words! Kelly sang a song for us on Friday night at the Alamodome, something like 'Love Never Knew A Finer Day"? It was the first time I had heard it so I might have that wrong. Vickie Courtney was there as well. In my group photo on my blog, if you click to enlarge it, you will see Kelly sitting to Beth's left on the floor next to her.

Our church participated in a simulcast in Feb of 2007 I believe and that was great! There is nothing like being there live though! Did you know she will be in Portland April 17-18th? My friend and I are making plans to go to the one in Memphis in Oct of 2009. Here's a link in case you need it. Just do the copy & paste thing!

Have a blessed week!

Connie

http://www.lifeway.com/ev/events_detail_mainpage/0%2C2232%2CE%25253D39%252526M%25253D200979%2C00.html

Constance said...

hey there, it's just me again...

I mentioned the simulcast and I had you confused with another lady who left a comment where she had gone to a simulcast of Beth's.

Sorry. ; )