Monday, October 6, 2008

Update on Kitchen ....but not completely done : )

You might be wondering huh so I thought I was going to be looking at kitchen project.....will back in the spring when I started this blog I was on the other side of our pond and found that the Beaver was helping him self to an apple tree that just takes care of itself and in the last 14 years that we have been here has only had apples once and they made the best pie's and apple sauce around.....

So I thought no he is taking down that tree and so here it is full of apples again .....going over to the tree now to see if they are ready to pick for pie's !



So everything got all washed and dried and they started the staining. We use a product made by Sickken's called Log and Siding it is oil based and has been on our home now for around 8 years we have maintained it once in those years and will need to again next spring. This is the second product we used and found out fast what not to use ...but better than that what will be good for us to use....


OK so we made a trip with friends to the beach for a weekend and then went to dinner in Toledo at Chef's Place if you are at the Oregon beach around Newport it is a must place to eat at ....Toledo is out 7 miles east of Newport on Hwy 38 go into town and you'll find it on the right hand side of the road tell Patrick ( the Chef and owner) we sent you. He is also a customer of ours this is his home below.....anyway his daughter did a faux treatment on the beadboard in the restrooms so we ask how and got the ideas.....
So Cliff jumped in and did 2 coats of yellow with 1 coat of red on top and sanded away !

At this point we have only done the Hutch and what I call the Dish Pantry...but we do plan to do the back of the bar and the top part of the hood .....
So with those 2 things done now I have been working on getting my stuff put away.....and a bit of decorating....

The hutch filled up.....


open the doors and see what's inside : )

The Dish Pantry and my open pantry.....need to order a door .....

Open it up and I love how it came out even my hubby likes it .....now all we need is the handles and knobs...they are here but hunting season got in the way.

I'm taking a break form this and going back to what I started this blog about and that was Log Homes.....next post is about a couple taking the delivery and the early stages of the build....check back soon !

2 comments:

Shelley said...

That hutch came out gorgeous - the colors look great!! I am in love w/ your kitchen.

Jen said...

You've done a great job - I like the addition of color to the room too.
Hope the hunt is/was successful!